photos for STACKEDD (c) Tina Ballew, CREEM photos (copyright) CREEM Magazine
photos for STACKEDD by Tina Ballew, CREEM photos copyright CREEM Magazine
Local Style Guru Steven Dolan is a Seattle-based writer/editor, stylist, mannequin, aesthete and a self -described “aspiring Groupie”, so when we were searching for someone to channel ‘70s Super Groupie and CREEM poster queen Bebe Buell, Dolan made delightful sense. A double major in journalism and Art History, Steven’s work has been featured in The Seattle Times, Cakeboy Magazine, and on Vignettes.
In addition to being a fantastic model for this shoot, Steven took the time to lay down some prime style tips for those looking to expand their fashion horizons. Special Thanks to Indian Summer (one of Steven’s personal favorites for premium vintage) for their wardrobe assistance.
- Shop small, shop local. Some of the most fantastic, special pieces are to be found in small businesses, whether they be vintage or designer. These spaces offer relational intimacy and fuel communities.
- Have fun. It’s not always easy to make time to thoughtfully get dressed each day, but throwing on something that makes you happy, whether it be a statement piece or a small detail, can transform your day.
- Don’t be afraid to be ugly. Taste is a tired relic of classism. Sometimes the most challenging and absurd garments are the most interesting.
- Get dressed with your friends. Clothing connects us. Dressing in a social way can introduce you to new ideas and offers room for play.
- Wear whatever you want. Rules are the worst. Everyone wants to prescribe a way of dressing and it’s a bore. Fuck respectability. Fuck a monolithic vision of style. You do you.